Breakfast quesadillas are ridiculously tasty and easy to make! Eggs and cheese are folded into a flour tortilla that’s crisped to perfection – all in just one skillet!
Happy Sunday, friendly faces!
I’m writing this while watching the space launch, so apologies in advance for any missing words or trailing thoughts… But I did just see a small stuffed dinosaur floating around on the spacecraft, soHELLO WHAT’S GOING ON. Okay. Let’s talk breakfast.
It is, without question, my favourite meal of the day. So much so that I have absolutely no qualms with eating it for every meal. And while I almost always (read: always) gravitate towards a sweet breakfast, I have no issues with savoury breakfast foods for lunch or dinner. I’m still wondering about that dinosaur, though…
But I digress! If you’re a fan of savoury breakfasts, or eggs, or cheese, or quesadillas, or things you can dunk in salsa, then I think you’ll really enjoy these必威怎么样.
How To Make Breakfast Quesadillas
One of the best things about this recipe is that you cook the eggs and brown the tortilla in the same skillet, meaning there’s no reason to light multiple burners and watch/wash multiple skillets. You just: cook the eggs, top with the tortilla, FLIP, let the tortilla cook, FOLD, brown both side of the tortilla, and DONE.
But here it is slightly more broken down:
- Skillet selection is important!You want to use a10″ non-stick skilletso that the cooked eggs have the same diameter as the tortilla. If you use a bigger skillet, things won’t line up as nicely. We want them to be nice and neat. It’s also not a horrible idea to add a small amount of oil to the pan… just to be extra sure nothing sticks.
- Beat the eggs in a small bowl before you pour them into the skillet.You want the yolks to break and combine with the whitesbefore they go into the pan. Here’s when you’d add your salt. To taste, of course.
- Cook the eggs over medium-low heat until they’ve set(they shouldn’t slide around the pan, but a little gooeyness on the top is okay). This is when you know it’s time to add the spinach and half of the cheese, or 2 Tbsp (15 g). Sprinkle those across the surface of the eggs andlay the tortilla right on top of everything.
- I promise thatflippingisn’t scary as long as you’re using a good non-stick and/or greased pan. Just take alarge spatulaand use it to get under the the eggs before flipping. You can even run it all around the edges to make sure nothing is stuck. Then just… FLOOP. Nailed it.
- When the tortilla is on the bottom, give it a couple of minutes to cook completely flat before adding the remaining cheese and using your spatula to fold it in half. I recommend sprinkling the cheese over only half of the eggs and folding the quesadilla on top of that. Then just let it cook on each side until desired level of crispiness is reached. AND DONE!
- Here’s where you cut the quesadilla in half (or into 4 mini pizza slices) and eat! I recommend eating it immediately and serving with your favourite dips or toppings (but definitely try salsa and avocado slices).
Okay, But What Are They Like?
Like I said earlier, if you like eggs, or cheese, or quesadillas, or things you can dunk in salsa, then I think you’ll really enjoy these. They’repacked with flavourandooey-gooey cheesiness, and you cancustomize thembased on your dietary needs or preferences.
Looking to cut back on fat and/or cholesterol吗?替换一个(or both) of the eggs with egg whites and use either a low-fat or non-dairy cheese.Need them to be gluten-free吗?Use agluten-free tortilla. Need more than one? Double or triple the recipe. Want them for lunch or dinner? Enjoy them for lunch or dinner! You do you boo, and enjoy thiseasyandridiculously tastybreakfast/lunch/dinner option.
Oh, and the dinosaur was a zero G indicator.
I’d love to know if you make this recipe! Leave a comment and rating down below to let me know what you think, andsubscribeto our mailing list to receive new recipes in your inbox!Print
- 2large eggs*
- pinch of salt
- small handful of baby spinach, stems removed
- 1/4 cup(30克) shredded cheese of choice
- 18″ flour tortilla**
- Heat a10″ non-stick skilletover medium-low heat. You can coat it with a small amount of oil just to make extra sure that nothing sticks.
- Add the eggs and salt to a small bowl and beat them with a fork until the yolks and whites are fully combined. Pour the eggs into the skillet and rotate it until the eggs completely cover the bottom.
- 当鸡蛋大多集,顶级的年代pinach and 2 Tbsp (15 g) of cheese. Lay the tortilla on top and wait about 30 seconds for the cheese to melt. This will help the tortilla stick to everything.
- Use alarge spatulato get underneath the eggs and flip everything over. When the tortilla is on the bottom, allow it to cook completely flat for about 2 minutes before sprinkling the remaining cheese on one half of the eggs. Fold the quesadilla in half over the cheese and allow it to cook on each side until desired level of crispiness is reached. Remove the quesadilla from the skillet and cut it in half before enjoying immediately with your favourite dips or toppings.
* You can also use one egg and two egg whites or just 4 egg whites.
** If you need these to begluten-free, use agluten-free tortilla.
Keywords:breakfast, eggs, cheese, quesadilla, protein, easy, quick, recipe
Looking for morehealthy breakfast recipes吗?Try one of these!
*Disclosure: Some of the links included in this post may be affiliate links, meaning I’ll earn a small commission if you purchase through them, at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I personally use and believe will add value to my readers. Thank you so much for helping support Spoons!