我是一个健康教练,2020刀塔必威赛事 author, recipe developer, food photographer, makeup junkie, and the writer behind必威体育中文网站登录– a blog dedicated to proving that healthy snacking doesn’t have to be tasteless or boring and that you (yes, you) can indeed enjoy sweet treats everyday.
And if you’re asking yourself “why running withspoons?” Well, because you can’t eat with scissors. I mean, technically youcan, and there was that one time in Hawaii where I had to use a pair to cut open a watermelon, but that was 100% necessity and I don’t recommend it. Stick to spoons.
Although I have a tendency to act like I’m 12, I’m really just a big kid at heart that has some serious love for all things food, health, and beauty related. After graduating from university with a BA in psychology and spending some time in the field, I came to realize that it wasn’t for me, which prompted me to change directions and pursue one of my biggest passions – health and wellness.
Well, okay… so maybe things weren’texactlythat simple.必威体育中文网站登录actually started out as a personal blog where I documented my own journey back to health asI recovered from an eating disorderthat plagued me for the majority of my 20’s. As time went on and I moved further and further away from my disease, my focus shifted from writing about recovery to nurturing the love I discovered forrecipe developmentandfoodphotography. It started out as just a few sporadic recipe posts and eventually went on to become the main focus of Spoons as my growing collection ofrecipes(especially ones likethese muffinsandthese brownies) began bringing in enough traffic to allow me to make blogging a full-time job. After a few years, I was even fortunate enough to2020刀塔必威赛事 当通过Pinterest出版社找到了我。
Spoons is a place where you’ll findhealthier recipesthat don’t sacrifice on flavour. They can be either vegan, gluten-free, refined-sugar-free, oil-free, grain-free, or any combination of those, but they’llalwaysbe delicious. I’m a firm believer thathealthy doesn’t have to be boringand that sweet treats should be a daily thing. After all, food doesn’t just nourish our bodies, but our souls as well. And yes, I know that sounds a little cheesy, but don’t even try telling me that eating a warm oatmeal cookie straight from the oven doesn’t feel like a big hug. We don’t promote that kind of negativity here. It’s allgood food and good vibes.
Random facts about me:
- In 2014, I got my health coaching certification from theInstitute of Integrative Nutrition. I wanted to use my own experience of overcoming an eating disorder to help those struggling with body image issues and disordered eating habits.
- 2015年,我决定进一步my education by attending theCanadian School of Natural Nutrition. I’ve always been interested in holistic nutrition (it’s how my mom raised me), and it’s the approach I take in my own life and with my clients.
- I’m an avid snowboarder. I’ve been doing it for 20+ years at this point and it really helps the 6-month winters feel a lot more tolerable.
- In case the above point didn’t make it obvious, I’m Canadian. Albertan, to be more exact. And yes, the winters really are that long. I secretly love it, though, because I don’t handle heat well.
- Unless it’s Hawaiian heat. Hawaiian heat I can do. I’ve been to the islands four times and it’s probably my favourite place to travel.
- Nature is my happy place.
- You won’t find any peanut butter recipes on Spoons because I have a severe allergy to peanuts. And up until I was in my early 20’s, I thought I was allergic toallnuts (my parents told me I was so that I wouldn’t get confused when I was a tiny human). Thank goodness for the truth and almond butter is all I’m saying.
- I have ahugesweet tooth and I completely embrace it, hence the whole “sweet treats should be a daily thing” thing. I’ve tried cutting back on sugar several times and only experienced negative results, so I gave up on that idea and now I just give my body whatever it wants.
- Mexican food is my spirit animal.
- I don’t understand people who don’t like coffee. I’m not even sure it does anything for me – I just find it super comforting.
- I love (and I mean LOVE) makeup and skincare products. Please don’t ask me how much money I’ve spent at Sephora over the years – I don’t even want to know.
- I couldn’t function without a daily planner. I recently got into bullet journalling and I adore the freedom it gives me. I’ve finally found a style of planning that lets me get everything in one notebook vs. the 3 or 4 I was using before.
- I love video games. Whether it’s Wordscapes on my phone (you guys need to try it) or Warcraft on my computer, gaming is one of my favourite ways to relax when I have free time.
- I could probably list random facts for days, but in the interest of keeping this page a reasonable length, I’m going to point you in the direction of my必威外围网址posts if you’d like to read more. There’s close to 300 of them and they feature all sorts of randomness.
And that’s that! Thanks so much for stopping by to learn a little more about me! If there’s anything you’d like to ask, feel free to e-mail me at[email protected].